- I used to be a Theatre bod. Theatre was my life. I ate, slept breathed Theatre. from the very first time I was involved in creating a show I was hooked. I started at school doing school productions back stage moving scenery and playing with Smoke Machines (I loved playing with those things.. I once left it running a little to long and the audience couldn’t see the person next to them let alone the stage for the next 10 minutes.) After high school I went to College to take A Level Theatre Studies (I failed.) But during college I Started Acting and another bug was born. After that I spent my time split between on-stage and off. I made lots of life long friends through the theatre and I occasionally get pangs of missing the spot lights and greasepaint but it really is no life for a Married person (well not in my mind anyway.) You can read The Limelight Tales by clicking on the Stories link up at the top of the page.
- When I was a child I preferred eating Salads to McDonalds food. I have pretty much always been a big person, but I could eat salad until it came out of my ears. There was a little cafe in the town where I grew up that served a range of Organic salads and dressings.. I amazed the owners of the cafe by eating more than one adult helping of salad when ever we went in there.. I got free food all the time. That cafe is now a snooty bistro that you need a weeks wages to eat in… such a shame.
- As a teen I was a Heavy Metal freak. I would never listen to anything but Heavy Metal or Hard Rock. It wasn’t until I got connected to the internet and expanded my musical horizons that I opened up to more styles of music. (I should add that I was raised up until the age of 13 on Elvis and The Beatles.. I just got a little myopic for a while there.)
- The first movie I saw on VHS was Pete’s Dragon. We were one of the first houses our street with a video recorder. The machine was delivered on the day I came out of hospital after having an operation on my eye to remove a astigmatism. My Mum invited about 10 kids from the street to come to a welcome home party for me and we all sat down and watched Pete’s Dragon like we were at the movies. It’s one of my fondest memories.
- It took me three attempts to gain a higher grade in English GCSE. I put this down to my inability to translate what goes on in my head to what comes out of my hand when holding a pen. (Readers of this blogs could have other suggestions as to why.)
- I collect historical (or soon to be historical) Live recordings of Bands I like. I currently have somewhere in the region of 420 gigabytes of shows. I find new ones every day. I also collect Radio programmes dating back from 1930 America to which ever Afternoon Play was broadcast this afternoon on BBC Radio 4. I am an Audio Hoarder. If I wanted to listen to everything I had collected (music/radio) I would have to live to be somewhere in the region of 650 years old.. I just find it reassuring that I have them there if the mood ever takes me.
- As of the end of this post the will be 87,366 words on this blog.
I didn’t honestly think it would be that hard to think of 7 things to tell you, but that was pretty tricky.
Until Next Time…